7 Places to Ask for a Senior Discount
It’s always nice to save money here and there, especially when you qualify for senior discounts. These stores and companies offer discount days because they want to serve the senior community, so why not take advantage! At Upstate Home Care Solutions, we know you have a lot on your plate, whether you are providing care for your loved one, or you are a senior caregiver, we have some suggestions to help you keep some change in your pocket.
– Kohl’s gives 15% discount for seniors every Wednesday. Goodwill gives senior discounts on a select day that varies per store. Ross offers 10% off to seniors who are members of the “Every Tuesday Club”.
– At participating locations, Publix and BI-LO have a 5% discount for shoppers 60+ every Wednesday!
– Your national movie theater chain offers senior discounts on admission, often up to 30%, many times they have designated senior days too.
– Chances are your local gym offers a senior discount, just ask! Some may also be eligible for a free SilverSneakers membership to over 13,00 facilities if a part of a Medicare health plan.
– Duke Energy Foundation provides the state of South Carolina the Fan-Heat Relief Program that offers $20,000 designated for the purchase of fans distributed to senior citizens. Other energy companies often aid the elderly financially, based on age and need.
– National companies like Jiffy Lube and Midas offer discount services that vary by location. It doesn’t hurt to ask your neighborhood mechanic for a senior discount.
– Great Clips and Supercuts, as well as local barbers may trim the cost of your next cut, just ask!
Add these discount days to your calendar and take advantage monthly and daily, and don’t be afraid to ask if a senior discount is offered, often it will save you money!